I consider Concrete5 an excellent CMS for a less blog-oriented website, and it’s the one I chose for my first ever website, and I’m very happy with its quick functionality. There are some creases that I’ve not yet ironed out, like better control of spacing, but they’re not serious. With Concrete5, everything’s in blocks of content that you can easily adjust to your liking just by logging into the page your on and making some changes in a visual way, a bit like in DTP.
Choosing your theme takes time, and patience.
Some themes that I like
- Apple – all green.
- Bootstrap is excellent, flexible, well rated, and I use it!
- FlexCRETE – a simple free theme.
- HeyDesigner – nice and chunky, with good image presentation, I would’ve bought it, but where’s the developer?
- Hi-Vis – is stunning if you want a full-image background slider!
- Sarah Evans Design:
- SuperMint – polished, adaptable and highly rated!